As the days gradually creep longer, the weather becomes warmer and the prospect of a cool cup of iced tea becomes more and more inviting. Whilst there are many tutorials and guides out there, it's always nice to try something new, hence we have published this recipe.
The recipe is simple to follow and only uses four key ingredients:
- Jasmine tea
- Freshly boiled water
- Sparkling lemonade
- Start by making a strong tea concentrate, using 5 teaspoons of leaves in 200ml freshly boiled water for 5 minutes. It sounds strong but don't worry, we will be diluting the concentrate later. If you are using Jasmine Pearls, feel free to watch the tea leaves magically uncurl and unfurl as they react with the boiling water.
- Once 5 minutes have passed, strain the tea leaves so the tea does not get bitter! If you are using a herbal infusion - such as Nettle Mint and Lemongrass - this step is not necessary.
- Add ice to the concentrate until it is cool to touch. We recommend a glass iced tea jug - such as this one.
- Add lemonade to taste. The lemonade is the sweet part, so add more if you have a sweet tooth, or less if you prefer a stronger tea flavour. We recommend at least 250ml lemonade for every 100ml tea concentrate.
- Garnish with lemon slices, mint leaves or whatever you fancy!